Electro-Magnetic Acoustic Transducer
Electro-Magnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT) technology is first in a series of inspection methods and tools that make us a leader and pioneers in the field of corrosion detection. ACTT’s EMAT inspection technique can be used on any conductive material and exotic alloys such as Hastelloy furnace tubes and is ideal for many types of corrosion detection applications.
Why Use EMATs?
- Can be used In-Service or during outages
- Can be used in High Temperature Applications up to 1000F
- EMATs can tolerate adverse conditions such as rough, coated, or wet surfaces.
- High speed screening – global inspections
- Capable of covering large areas (approx. 1 ft per second)
- EMATs can inspect areas not normally accessible such as buried or hidden regions
- Lightweight and portable
- No couplant needed
- Pipeline Direct Assessments
- Point of Contact Inspections, such as hangers and pipe supports
- Fired Furnace/Heater Tube Inspections
- Tank Inspections (Shell, Floor, and Roof)
- Weld location under insulation
- Soil to Air interface pipe inspections
- Flare Stacks
- Piping/vessel inspections (Elbow, Reducers, Heads, Etc.)
- Injection/mix points
- Vessel saddle support inspections
Quality, Innovation & Service from One Company
Advanced Corrosion Technologies and Training has quickly become one of the fastest growing Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Service Companies around.