Advanced Tube Inspection
A quality tube inspection program is necessary to detect damage before failure occurs. ACTT provides a wide-range of advanced tube inspection programs and techniques to determine the integrity of heat exchanger tubing. ACTT combines the newest technology and inspection equipment available with highly trained and skilled technicians to provide you with the most advanced tube inspection program offered. Advantages include the ability to detect wall loss, pitting, cracks, and baffle wear.
Eddy Current Testing (ET)
Eddy Current provides the fastest and most accurate way to inspect non-ferrous heat exchanger tubing. Typically 900 tubes can be inspected in a shift with computerized anaysis for more accurate inspection results.
- Test probe does not need to contact the part
- Method can be used for more than flaw detection
- Minimum part preparation is required
Remote Field Testing (RFT)
Remote Field Testing (RFT) can only be performed on ferrous tubing with effective detection of wall loss. Remote Field Testing speeds are faster than IRIS inspections and can inspect 400 tubes per shift. IRIS inspection can be used to back up signals detected by RFT.
- Used with ferromagnetic materials
- Can detect wall loss, pitting, baffle wear, cracks if in large clusters
- Less cleaning required compared to IRIS
- Gives results in percent of wall loss
- Only needs an electrical source. We can provide this using a generator
IRIS Inspection is performed on ferrous and non-ferrous tube materials with accurate wall thickness measurements. IRIS inspection can detect defects under large masses such as tube sheets and baffles. Inspection speeds are slow (150 tubes per shift) and are very dependent on tube cleanliness.
- Used with ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic materials
- Can detect wall loss, pitting, and baffle wear
- Intense cleaning is required
- Can inspect up to 150 tubes per shift
- Gives actual thicknesses
Quality, Innovation & Service from One Company
We are the quality NDT Inspection Company that provides superior NDT Services!
To learn more about our services, click on ACTT Services above.
Advanced Corrosion Technologies and Training has quickly become one of the fastest growing Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Service Companies around.