High frequency sound waves are sent into a material by use of a transducer. The sound waves travel through the material and are received by the same transducer or a second transducer. The amount of energy transmitted or received and the time the energy is received are analyzed to determine the presence of flaws. Changes in material thickness, and changes in material properties can also be measured.
Main Uses of Ultrasonic Testing:
- Used to locate surface and subsurface defects in many materials including metals, plastics, and wood. Ultrasonic inspection is also used to measure the thickness of materials and otherwise characterize properties of material based on sound velocity and attenuation measurements.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Testing:
- Depth of penetration for flaw detection or measurement is superior to other methods.
- Only single sided access is required.
- Provides distance information.
- Minimum part preparation is required.
- Method can be used for much more than just flaw detection.
Quality, Innovation & Service from One Company
We are the quality NDT Inspection Company that provides superior NDT Services!
To learn more about our services, click on ACTT Services above.
Advanced Corrosion Technologies and Training has quickly become one of the fastest growing Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Service Companies around.